Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thinking of a Friend




I have a friend who is ill so I wanted to send her a little something to let her know I was thinking of her. Put together this notebook for her to carry in her bag or lay by her bedside. It is a small notebook 3x5 inches so is a good size to carry.

Using fabric scraps from fabrics I created I covered the front and back. Trimmed with bits of lace, ribbons and yarns then lined the insides of the covers with pieces of a printed fabric.




Fun and easy way to create a small gift from the heart!





I will be creating one of these on a larger scale for the July monthly giveaway. Please click the link on the upper right of my blog for the details. All you need to do is leave comments on my blog and you might be the winner!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

What a clever way to do something nice for a friend! I think I may have to file this away for the future. I keep a few journals and alway use the purchased kind; I think I have an empty one that needs some jazzing up and this is a great way to do that and personalize it too.

Great job!

Doreen G said...

I am sure you friend will love her book Marilyn -it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marylin....hope your life is back to normal since Cassie is on the mend. The Journal has lovely color....Love, Patty W.