Sunday, June 28, 2009



This is Cassie on a day when she was doing well. She had climbed in my bag and was lying there when I discovered her. She is so sweet!

As of today she still has not eaten. She drank a little water and walked a little but just won't eat.

The vet called this morning to see how she was doing and we told him that she still won't eat. He was going to his clinic and said for one of us to bring her in so he could look at her. I took her. The incision was swollen and she had a temperature. 103.4 degrees. He checked her tummy and the incision was oozing. She has an infection which is not uncommon when the intestines are involved as they are full of bacteria.

Needless to say - he kept her. He is giving her antibiotics interveinously and some nourishment. She is very sick. My heart aches for her as I know the pain must be tremendous. He is going to give her a pain injection because a pill would not be good for the intestines. He isn't sure when she will get to come home. He said he is concerned about her well being.

I just pray she does get better and gets to come home. I am very concerned for her!

One thing he did comment on is that the ribbon was about 1/2 inch wide which was lucky because a string, thread or dental floss can cut through the intestine then there is very little that can be done. The wide ribbon had not cut the intestines so that was a good thing. He said dental floss is the worst as it is very strong.

Nala, our yellow tabby, misses her playmate. While Nala is very mischievous I do believe she senses that something is wrong. She didn't bother Cassie at all while she was home.

Please say a prayer for our Cassie. She truly needs them.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Marylin,

My heart goes out to you and Cassie. I know that animal lovers hearts ache when our beloved animals are sick. I, too, have two cats, and they both hang out in my studio. However, after they do their usual "sniffing," they settle down for naps on stools or on top of my "project." If they eat, they nibble at some plant starters I have on the window sill. They get scolded for that! I know I have to watch them if they're "noodling" around my work table instead of napping.

Hope Cassie comes home soon and gets completely healed.

Kathy

Denise S. said...

My heart goes out to you and your precious baby.

Doreen G said...

My heart aches for you Marylin--I know what it is to loose a much loved cat.
He has been gone for 6 years now but I still see him at the back door sometimes only to discover that it is Stephens shoes.
I will keep you both in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are winging their way to both of you.

Summerset said...

Oh, poor kitty! I hope she's doing better soon! My IL's had a cat that ate a string from a roast one time. They knew something was wrong with him when they came home and found him curled up in the sink. It took surgery to get it out, but he did just fine.

Maija said...

this is so heartbreaking! you know I will keep you all in my prayers as you go thru this uncertain time!
oxox

Lori S-C said...

Oh my goodness, what a frightening situation! I am so sorry that Cassie and the family has had that experience! Your advice to keep pets out of the studio has been heard and will be remembered!
Hoping for a speedy recovery! Hope to see you at the next AFF. You were missed!

Snowbear said...

Marilyn,
I haven't been on the blog in about a week so I'm just now reading about Cassie. I'm so sorry she's still not feeling well. I've had similar problems with one of my Samoyeds - it's very scary! I hope and pray for a speedy recovery.

with hope, Ellen

Anonymous said...

I hope Cassie is ok. what a horrible thing to happen - and what a grim introduction to your blog. I am hoping for good news next time!