Friday, June 26, 2009

Update on Cassie

Thanks to all of you who have sent me kind thoughts and have Cassie in your prayers.

The vet called today and asked if we would mind bringing Cassie home early as she won't eat. He thinks she is frightened and perhaps if she comes home she will.
He knows us well as our son worked for him during high school and college.

Cassie is home. She can hardly move. Still hasn't eaten but did go to the potty.
I feel so sad for her but am VERY grateful she is going to be okay.

Apparently the vet did not have to remove a section of the intestines but rather made 3 incisions in the small intestines, snipped the ribbon and carefully removed it in pieces.

I can't even imagine the pain that poor kitty has.

I will NEVER allow her in my studio again! Will keep you posted on her progress.

4 comments:

Summerset said...

Awww . . . poor kitty! Glad to hear she's ok. I think she'll do better now that she's home and with her family and familiar things.

Summerset said...

Forgot to add: I'd be afraid to eat, too, if one of the last things I ate caused me so much trouble!

Veleta (Sammy) said...

so glad that Cassie is home and with the ones who love her... darn pets, don't they know how very much welove them... My Patches (a female Blue Healer) she loves to eat anything tissue like... and man is she fast! gobbles it down so fast...

alex s said...

Sending healing thoughts to your sweet kitty. I live in fear of "intestinal obstruction" having a little labrador who has been known to eat just about anything she can lay her teeth on.

Thanks for warning us about this happening to cats! I never even considered my cat being prone to the same disaster as her "sister!: I'll be much more careful now.

Keep us posted.