Friday, October 26, 2007

ArtFiberFest... MAGIC was in the Air...

As the plane landed in Seattle I could feel the magic in the air. There is something about Seattle that captures one's heart! Perhaps it is the majestic mountains or the mystery of the sea....or the creative energy that forms when artistic talents merge.....Whatever it is...it captures mind and spirit. It is refreshing to the soul!

Tracie Lyn and I were on our way to ArtFiberFest in Port Townsend but first we had to make our traditional stop at Pike's Market and the little tea shop in Post Alley. We got our favorite goodies along with a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers to enjoy during our brief stay!







Then we headed to the Ferry and off to Bainbridge.
Once we left the ferry we began the drive toward lovely Port Townsend and Fort Warden where we would begin our annual adventure at ArtFiberFest hosted by Teesha and Tracy Moore and their family and friends. The welcome was very friendly as usual when we arrived to pick up our packets. Teesha was all smiles as she greeted each attendee. Tracie and I had decorated our tiny cloth dolls and proudly placed them among the others. Since our schedule has been so busy lately, I decorated my doll on the plane during our flight. I am sad as I didn't get a picture and forgot to pick it up, but I am sure it has found a good home.

After completing our registration we hurried off to our friend's house to get settled. We wanted to get back to the Fort for the opening ceremony as it is always a fun and exciting time. You can feel the camaraderie, friendship and love as you enter the room. Everyone is anxious to get started and to share the moments of the next three days with friends. It has been awhile since we have seen many of them so we anxiously sought out each one to say hi and chatter about all the excitement in store. Smiles and warm greetings were everywhere! It was great to see friends like Syd McCutcheon, Mary Stanley, Lisa Engelbrecht,Kristin Steiner, Pam Garrison,Lori Seavey-Christian, Gail Cowan, Betsey Spencer, Tammy Gilley, Laura Murray , and Deb Lewis. I also met many of the INchie Swap, flower and charm swap participants. It was A BLAST!!!

I spent my first day of class with Denise Warner - What a FANTASTIC artist! Free spirited, talented and very giving! As always I had wonderful classmates and we laughed all day. We were like a group of school girls as we created beautiful fairies from Japanese papers and other fibers.

That night Tracie and I took our good friend, Dawn Shepherd, owner of Mother Rubber Stamps, to dinner for her birthday!
We had Thai food for the first time! Wonderful choice thanks to Bird!

The next day Tracie and I taught our Fiber Journal House. The class was TERRIFIC! Just look at these creations!!!






































That night was the Vendor Show - It was a BLAST!! What Beautiful Creations!

Saturday Tracie and I spent the day in Keely Barham's Wooly Creature class!! Keely is another of my favorite people - AND OH, so Talented! Look at this fabulous little wooly guy I made! Truly an example of one's man's trash being another man's TREASURE as it is made from some old sweaters from the Goodwill!!



Saturday night was Show and Tell - TERRIFIC line up of creations came out of this FANTASTIC retreat! There was so much eye candy!

All too soon it was Sunday morning so Tracie and I had to begin our journey home. We said "Goodbye" to our magical ArtFiberFest and Port Townsend then drove toward the airport to board the plane. As I watched the shoreline and the mountains fade in the distance my heart whispered, "I will be back, my precious friends."

2 comments:

Maija said...

I am so THERE next year!

Ro Bruhn said...

All these wonderful art festivals you have over there, we are very envious, love your work.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments