Saturday, May 26, 2007

Creative Energy

Attended the RiverBend Art Fair in Atchison, Kansas today. What a bunch of talented artists there were! I wasn't able to participate this year as I had too many other obligations but I didn't want to miss seeing all the beautiful artwork and visiting with friends.

My friends, Pat and Christina, had their work there and I couldn't resist getting some pieces to take home with me.


This beautiful tassel created by Pat will find it's home in my bedroom. I have been trying to collect all types of lavender creations to surround myself as I snuggle in bed. I love the smell of lavender and the color brings a sense of calm.







These other wonderful creations were made by Christina. She is always making some of the loveliest things. You must visit her site. She draws some lovely whimsical art. She did a map for Atchison, Ks and it is captivating to everyone that sees it.

I plan to add these to my collection of art in my art studio. I have so much fun just looking at all my treasures.

After looking at all the wonderful eye candy, I went to Snowball for my favorite Strawberry Sundae with Pecans. One final stop at my favorite shop for more decorating goodies, Willow Brook and then headed home. Such a fun day!

Well, must get busy creating. Stop in and visit again.

3 comments:

deb said...

Tag, you're it, Marilyn!

(see my blog)

Hugs,
Deb :u)

Anonymous said...

Mary Lin!!!! You are too sweet!! Thanks so much for everything and let's be sure to keep in touch! Let me know what you're up to and I'll keep you posted on this end!
Hugs, Christina!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Marylin... I JUST LOVE your new header... I keep POPPING over to your site to look at the FRESH NEW FEELING for your Beautiful BLOG!

=)))