Wednesday, February 03, 2010

FUN AT CHA and THE FRENCH GENERAL

Going to CHA was such a fun experience. Lots of activity and seeing many friends filled the days in a most rewarding way. Made new friends.....what an experience attending CHA for the first time!

Then to make it an even more rewarding experience Tracie and I taught at The French Gneral! I cannot say enough good things about Kaari. She is a hostess above all! We felt at home from the moment she walked outside to meet us in the parking lot. Her hospitality, open heart and giving ways made us want to stay there and visit for hours.

Class was great....attendees included new students and a repeat who brought her lovely daughter. Talent abounded in the room as they all took brushes in hand then began painting and creating.


Here are some pics of their work.









































Then as the trip came to a close.......NOTHING could top the party at The French General! It was a blast and, again, hosted by the two lovely women, Kaari and Jo Packham (creator of Where Women Create).


















Kaari'e dad was our bartender! He was great and a lot of fun!





Somewhat sadly we headed home the next morning...the ending to a Memorable weekend!

CHA, teaching at The French General then a party with friends at The French Generaland going with my lovely daughter-in-law, Tracie. How Blessed I AM!

3 comments:

robin dudley-howes said...

Oh my! Had I known I would have loved to come out! Don't know how I missed that one. Been wanting to go on a shopping spree there. All the paintings look gorgeous Marylin.
robin

Pam McKnight said...

I liked your book/painting? looked like lots of fun...maybe next year! http://pammcknight.blogspot.com/

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Thank much Pam. I believe you may be referring to my lovely daughter-in-law's book, "Nature Inspired". She and I teach together and love every minute. Please visit her at http://thereddoor-studio.blogspot.com

Hugs

Marylin