Sunday, March 01, 2009

March Drawing Creation

Since Easter is in April this year I wanted to make the March prize an item that the winner could enjoy during the month of April. I knew it need to be something special so I began to search through my fabrics. I first thought a pale green floral would work then this lovely pink and white twall revealed itself. That's it!

I would make a basket then place some eggs and bits of candy in it. What a lovely table centerpiece this would make! Now I needed to create a pattern. I took a lid from the cabinet and traced a circle for the bottom of the basket. Then I measured the circumference to determine the amount of fabric needed for making the sides. I began stitching on the machine.

















Once I had the sides and bottom stitched I made a handle.

As I looked through my drawer of various laces and trims I found this lovely lace to decorate the sides and a small string of tiny pearls to wrap around the handle. Then I made bows for each side where the handles connected to the basket.



















Since eggs are always part of the Easter celebration I began creating eggs using some left over plastic eggs.





Here are the fruits of my labor:
















After placing some angel hair grass in the basket I laid the eggs gently on the grass.

















Now to complete the look I stitched a small fabric butterfly on the handle.

THIS is the prize for March! All you need to do is leave a comment on my blog. (Be sure to send me a separate private email with your contact information should you be the winner.)

Each time you visit and leave a comment your name is entered to win. Please only one comment per post.


6 comments:

Jody said...

Marylin, another cute creation. You must have trouble sleeping with all the wonderful ideas running through your head.

I always love to see what the next thing you make is...thanks for the inspiration.

Jody Bradshaw

Linda said...

How lovely!

Cindy In Carolina said...

How Cute !! Count me in.






calex22001@yahoo.com

Veleta said...

this is adorable!!! I love the basket! I can't wait to see if I win!!! yipee!!!

Maija said...

Wonderful! Please enter my name!!!

Amy Norkus said...

The eggs are gorgeous! I hope the Easter Bunny leaves some in my basket this year! :)