Monday, November 03, 2008

Nature Gathered October Challenge

Here is the piece I completed for the October challenge of the Nature Gathered Group.
It is constructed of fiberfusion and I have painted it.

I loved doing this piece and I saw the perfect poem right after I completed the artwork. How timely was that?

Thought I would share it with you, my friends.



Title: Notes of the Empy Nest



The birds of the forest are calling for thee,
And the shades and the glades are lonely;
Summer is there with her blossoms fair,
And you are absent only,
No bird that nests in the green-wood tree,
But sighs to greet you and kiss you,
all the violets yearn for your safe return,
But most of all I miss you.
Harry B. Smith

1 comment:

Maija said...

I love the art and the poetry is a perfect choice to go with it!
ox