Monday, May 26, 2008

REMEMBERING











Today I remember all the men and women who gave their lives for you and me to live in FREEDOM! ALL the men and women who are still in harms way!



As I walk through my beautiful garden and enjoy the lovely gifts of nature, my mind wanders to thoughts of the gift of freedom that I enjoy at no cost to me. This gift was freely given and was never questioned whether it should be.













I was blessed to be born in this place and time. A place where I can express my thoughts - a place where I can walk wherever I please, whenever I please.

A time when the world, while so big, is yet so small.



Being a woman, wife and mother, professional and educated has provided me with a wide range of experiences. Perhaps the best experience of all has been the knowledge that in this country we have the bravest and most unselfish men and women in the world.

My husband has served in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom and my son in Iraqi Freedom. They served together in Iraqi Freedom making my worries at the time two-fold.


They are both home safe now - THANKS to our HEAVENLY FATHER!!

My family is safe! - Unlike others!

After almost 40 years of serving our country my husband has retired. It is comforting to know that he will never again leave this great land to fight in a war. My son is still young and continues to serve his country and I PRAY he will never again need to leave and fight.





To all the wives, mothers and sisters who have lost their loved ones I want to say "My heart goes out to you." NOTHING can ever fill that void but know that YOUR loved one is LOVED by many!

The gift of freedom for all the future generations is a gift that is PRICELESS and CHERISHED!

Each bloom in my garden reflects a beauty that gives joy and peace within the soul. The tiny florals are a part of my life that comes from being an American - Free to walk among nature's bounty! Free to breathe fresh air in the "Land of the Free"!



Each are part of the day to day time I sometimes take forgranted!

Bless ALL who Serve!!! PEACE to ALL who have died!!!

GOD BLESS!!!!

5 comments:

Maija said...

Special thanks to your hubby and son - they are a huge part of what makes this country so great!

Anonymous said...

Mom-
Having gone through the worry and wonders with you, I too know how priceless is our freedom. Along with our brave men and women serving this great country, we have as many at home keeping families and loved ones together and strengthening each other. So, thank you Dad, my Brother and Mom.

Anonymous said...

Dear Marilyn..what a lovely blog entry....with Bill's 23 years active duty, your words were even more poignant. We love you all. It's good that we remember that Memorial Day isn't just the day the pools open....thank God for all the men and women who fought for what they believe in...Love, Patty

Anonymous said...

P.S.

You have a beautiful Garden!

icandy... said...

Marylin, how beautiful! We are all so truly blessed... and thank you for "remembering" - from all of us. Your words are very powerful! God bless. Hugs, Christina