Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mother


As many of you already know I said the final goodbye to my mom on Sunday, November 26, at 4:29AM. I was by her side. During the final months,weeks and days of mom's illness I saw a side of her I had never seen before. She was very brave and displayed a strength beyond words. When visitors came she would be her old self laughing and joking. She was especially happy when the children came to see her. She always loved children so much. My heart would ache as I knew that when they all left the pain would dominate her time. I guess the part that touched me most is that not one time did I see my mom cry. Even when the pain was so bad she couldn't move she never shed a tear - perhaps the pain was beyond tears, I don't know.

I want to say thank you to all my dear friends and family that supported me during this difficult time. Without the love and support of all of you I am not sure I could have found the strength to be there with mom day after day.

Thank you for the emails, cards and phone calls where you let me know you were thinking of me.

Thank you for continuing to check my sites for what little news I was able to get posted.

As I go into the Christmas holiday it will be difficult without mom but my family and I have a lot of fond memories of holidays gone by. These memories will be cherished. A friend shared this message " They live forever who are loved in memory". How true!

Thank you again dear friends and family.

Marylin

1 comment:

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

I know this was so very hard. We will ALWAYS be here to love and support you!!!!

don't be sad anymore... you can not change the past...you can only look toward the future.

xoxoxo!!!