Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waiting Anxiously

Today was a beautiful day with the sun shining brightly and a pure spring breeze. With tomorrow being the first day of spring I began to think about nature's awakening and the blossoms that will soon grace our countryside. This put me in the mood to paint some flowers. So I decided to begin a painting of the most common flower on our landscape.......the DANDELION!





While sometimes a gardner's annoying botanical it is a beautiful little floral kiss to the green carpet of the yard. It is very sweet and attracts bees and butterflies in abundance. And you can even make a very sweet jelly from it's blooms. When I was a child I loved to blow the white seeds from it stems and watch the tiny seeds float through the air.

As soon as I arrived home from work I grabbed a piece of fabric, brushes and paints and began painting these small and colorful florals. I wanted to share the start of this painting and to wish all of you a Happy Welcome Spring Day!!!

No comments: